Because I'm in the mood to have a little fun02/29/2012 at 10:05 am | Posted in me | 9 Comments
1. I was named for my Nana.
2. I love lima beans.
3. Sometimes, when I’m drying my hair upside-down, I turn the heat onto my toes. They’re usually cold.
4. My dream day involves outlet shopping, french fries and a movie in the theater.
5. I played water polo in college, and since then have loved the smell of chlorine. And beer.
6. The Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite restaurants.
7. I talk out loud to myself all the time.
8. My favorite place in the world to be is at the beach. There is just something about the ocean.
9. I once jumped from a waterfall in Costa Rica. Like on The Bachelor. But without the fake boobs and TV cameras.
10. Sometimes, when my mind drifts, I wonder what celebrities are doing right this minute. Like last weekend when I was scrubbing the toilet, I wondered to myself, what’s Beyonce doing right now?
And here are my answers to ten questions from my friend Mandy’s “10 Things” post:
1. have you ever met someone famous?
Alex Trebec. Does that count? And I came within four feet of Eddie Vedder when I was in college. Which was life-altering back then.
2. what is your happiest childhood memory?
There are so many! My birthdays were the best. My family always made them so special.
3. favorite album of all time?
Ooh. This is tough. I have to declare a tie between Michael Jackson’s Thriller and The Immaculate Collection by Madonna because both bring back such awesome, silly memories.
4. are you a salty or sweet lover?
Both, equally. It’s a cruel cycle. I eat dinner, I want dessert. I finish dessert, I want Cheetos.
5. what is favorite guilty pleasure tv show or movie?
6. describe your favorite sandwich.
Granny smith apples, bacon and cheddar cheese between french toast slices sprinkled with powdered sugar.
7. what was your first pet?
A cat named Boots. Laura and I used to dress her up in doll clothes. She hated it, which made us love it even more.
8. what is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life?
Bringing Lily and Sophie into this world and being their mother.
9. what is the first blog you started reading?
dooce.com. I learned about her during her 2009 book tour, and it changed my life. I never knew this whole world of blogging existed. And that other women who had survived PPD were talking about! Online! I still check in with her blog nearly every day.
10. if you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Yellow cake with chocolate icing.
Want to play along? Hop on over to Mandy’s blog!